If your app was installed from Google Play
1. Open the application page on Google Play: follow the link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tvcompany.polish.com.tvcompany or find the application on the Playmarket by its name myPTVC 2. Click Update button Below is the detailed update flow. 1. Open Google Play Store application. 2. Sign in, if you’re not signed in yet. Enter your email/phone, and click Next. 3. Enter your password, and click Next. 4. Then accept Terms of service by clicking I agree. 5. Click Next on the screen ‘Automatically back up device data’. 6. Tap the search field at the top of the screen, and enter myPTVC. Tap the app icon in the dropdown link. 7. If you have the previous app version, you will see the Update button. Click it, wait till the new version will be downloaded and installed, and click Open. You will see the welcome screen of myPTVC app, and the app version will be shown in the bottom right corner. If this is the first/new installation, you will see Install button. Click it, wait till the new version will be downloaded and installed, and click Open.
If your app was installed manually on the TV box
To install an update to Android TV application on an Android box you should complete the following steps:
- Enable Unknown Sources.
On your Android TV box open Settings, in Settings choose Personal (Security & Restrictions) section. In Personal enter Security & restrictions. Make sure the option Unknown sources is on (it is off by default). This will allow you to install Android applications (APK files) outside of the Google Play Market.
Depending on the box model, the Settings screens also can look like that:
2. Set up a file manager To manage APK files you need a file manager for your Android box. If you do not have one by default, you should install it. The most popular one is ES File Explorer. You can download it from the Google Play Store, or any other app store that comes with your device. Once you install the file manager, open it up just to make sure that there aren’t any additional setup steps.
3. Delete the previous application 1. Go to Settings 2. Open Apps section
3. Select the required app and click OK on the remote
4. On the displayed menu navigate to Uninstall and click OK on the remote. Then click OK on the confirmation screen.
5. Install the new application
- Open Browser
- Type https://bit.ly/myPTVC_latest (the link is case-sensitive) in the address line, click OK on the remote.
- Choose the application for downloading (ES Downloader)
- The installation file is started to download
- In the opened window select Open file
If you cannot download the file using the web browser, you can connect it directly to your PC using a micro-USB or full-size USB cable. Your PC will recognize the TV box as any other external device like a flash drive or external hard drive. You’ll be able to navigate through the directory and put the application APK in the Download folder or any other folder that you have created for that purpose.
6. Then select Install 7. Click on the Install button on the myPTVC installation screen 8. myPTVC is installing. 9. When the app installed, click Open
The app is installed and the Welcome screen has appeared on the screen. For further use click the Sign in button, and enter the credentials to your account which was registered before on the website polishtvcompany.com or right in myPTVC app.