Budget satellite receiver in a metal casing from Alphabox. What are the main advantages of this receiver?
- The receiver is designed to receive a variety of satellite television standards: PC and NAS in a local network, Stream media protocols (RTSP, RTP, UDP, HTTP), USB-devices.
- On the front panel of the receiver are the main control buttons, LED display and USB port for playing multimedia content from drives.
- On the backside is the video outputs 4-pin 3.5 mm jack for Composite video output and stereo line output and HDMI for connecting to modern TVs, an antenna input and a second USB.
- The tuner supports working with Wi-Fi adapters made on various chips, and can also work with 3G USB modems. All this gives the user access to network applications such as IPTV, Megogo, Youtube, etc.
Rich functionality and affordable price make it one of the best in its segment.
Alfabox UX3 receiver specification:
|Sizes, mm||132 x 87 x 26|
|Hardware and software|
|Processor||ARM Cortex A9 1.5 GHz, STiH 301|
|RAM (random access memory)||1.0 Gb|
|Built-in memory||512 Mb flash memory|
|Operating system||Linux 3.3.0 (Built-in Media Portal with WebKit-based IPTV-functionality, HTTP 1.1, HTML 4.01 XHTML 1.0/1.1; DOM 1, 2, 3; CSS 1, 2, 3; XML 1.0, XSLT 1.0, XPath 1.0; SOAP 1.1; JS ECMA-262, 5th revision; Media JS API; C layer SDK)|
|OSD Languages||English, Chinese, Spanish, German, Russian and other world languages|
|Networking features||PC and NAS in local network, Stream media protocols (RTSP, RTP, UDP, HTTP), USB-devices|
|DRM option||Secure Media|
|Interface||HDMI 1.4a-output, Composite + stereo A/V output, Audio output S/PDIF, Ethernet 100 Mb/s, USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 (WiFi-adapter can be connected), Built-in WiFi 2.4 GHz/5 GHz ac (optional)|
|Audio and video capabilities|
|Audio||MP3, MPA, WAV, WMA (optionally), OGG, M4A, AAC|
|Video||QT, MPEG-TS, ASF, M2TS, VOB, AVI, MOV, MP4, MPEG-PS, MKV, WMV|
|Image||720p, Full HD, 1080i, 576p, PAL, NTSC|
|Supported Playlist Format||M3U|
|Supported video codecs||MPEG1/2 MP@HL, H.264 HP@level 4.1, H.265 (HEVC), MPEG4 part 2 (ASP), WMV-9 (optionally), VC1 video, XviD; 3D and HD video supporting (up to 40 Mbit/s and above)|
|Subtitles||DVB, SRT, text MKV|
|Audio сodecs||MPEG-1 layer I/II, MPEG-2 layer II, MPEG-2 layer III (mp3), MPEG-2 AAC (optionally), MPEG-4 AAC LC 2-ch/5.1ch (optionally), MPEG-4, AAC+SBR 2-h/5.1ch (optionally), DTS (optionally)|
|What does the packaging of the device contain?|
|The package includes – MAG256/MAG257 Set-Top Box, HDMI cable, RC, 2 AAA batteries, packaging, Power adapter 12 V 1 A, manual|
Salutatory lifetime warranty
Now you are a subscriber to the Polish Television service? Wonderful! In that case, your equipment (TV set-top box purchased from us) automatically falls under a lifetime warranty.
Polish TV Company guarantees that as long as the Buyer / Consumer continues to get the Seller`s services (TV Service), Company undertakes to keep the device in working order. If a defect is in the methods covered by the Warranty, our company is going to change entirely or simply repair your defective device. This warranty is only to initial Buyers and can not be transferable. This warranty is not valid if the device has been intentionally damaged or misused. The seller is not allowed to do any damages and/or defects, direct and/or indirect, real and/or incidental, arising from the usage or inability to proper usage of this device.
Proper assembling to the TV
Connect the router to your television via composite cable (yellow-white-red). The color of the plug at the composite cable should be the same as the color of the connector on the backpanel of your television. For higher quality please use digital HDMI cable.
Plug-in the 12V power adapter to the DC 12V socket on the Alfabox and connect it with an electrical outlet. The light on the front of the box will turn into blue color.
After proper connection the receiver to your television, make sure that the input setting, which you have chosen on your television, matches the connected input of your cables on television. Check which cable connects the receiver to television (composite or HDMI) and please make the following steps:
- Find and click INPUT or SOURCE button on the remote control from YOUR TV
- You should see different input options on your TV (AV1, HDMI1…etc)
- If your Alfabox is connected to the TV via A/V cable, select one of the inputs: AV / AV 2 (Video 1 / Video 2),
- If your Alfabox is connected to the TV via HDMI cable, select one of the inputs: HDMI 1, HDMI 2, HDMI 3 or HDMI 4. The name of the input is always written on the back of your TV next to the connector.
- If you selected correct input you will see Alfabox logo on the screen, If you don’t see it, try different Input
Connection to the Router and Television
The Alfabox can be connected to the router via wired or wireless connections.
Wired connection between Alfabox and Router or television
- Connect the Alfabox to your modem/router with the help of the Cat5 cable.
- Connect the Alfabox to the TV via A/V or HDMI cable
- Connect the Alfabox to the power supply and wait until it loads.
- On the home screen choose icon with the subscribed service and press OK.
- You will see the channels. Choose the proper one and click Okay to run.
Wireless connection between Alfabox and Router or television
- Attach a WiFi receiver to the Alfabox via USB Port (front or back)
- Attach the set-top box to the power supply and wait until it loads fully
- On the home screen, you can see: “Page loading error”.
- Choose System Settings and click Okay on your Alfabox RC.
- From the menu choose Network → Wireless(WiFi) → Auto (DHCP). You can see all available WiFi networks.
- Choose YOUR NETWORK NAME and click Okay on the Alfabox RC. You should see these options below:
- SSID (the network`s name)
- Authentication mode (please don`t change)
- Encryption (please don`t change)
- Key or passphrase (the password for your WiFi).
7. Choose “Key or passphrase” and write down the correct password (“keyboard” button on the RC). After that, click Okay and then Exit. You will go back to the System Settings menu.
8. Choose Restart Portal and click Okay on the RC
9. In the main menu, choose the icon that corresponds to your service, then click Okay.
10. You will see a list of channels. Choose the proper channel and click Okay for starting.
* For seeing all the list of channels and program guide while you are watching television, click Okay button.
** For the proper returning to the main menu, click the Exit (Home) button.
*** The channels for adult users have the password “1” by default
How to watch TV FOR FREE
It’s easy! Recommend us to your friends/co-workers/relatives and get one month of Polish TV service for free for each when they subscribe. You can find more information regarding our bonus referral system on our website.
While connection do you get any troubles?
You can learn more about it here – ‘Mode not supported’ error